Past President - Florida League of Mayors
Director - Florida League of Cities
Vice Chair - Brevard County Sheriff's Charity Board
Serving On: Advocacy Committee, Resoluations Committee, Finance & Tax Committee
Past President - Space Coast League of Cities
Member - Civ/Mil
Boy Scouts of America
Awards and Honors
2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 Home Rule Hero Award
Space coast Public Service Award & Hall of Fame 2017
Runner-up Mayor of the Year 2007
POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE MAYOR.
The Mayor shall:
- Appoint, and when deemed necessary for the good of the Town, suspend or remove Town employees or appointive administrative officers provided for by this charter, except as otherwise provided by law, this charter, or personnel rules adopted pursuant to this charter. The mayor may authorize any administrative officer who is subject to the Mayors direction and supervision to exercise these powers with respect to subordinates in that officer's department, office, or agency.
- Direct and supervise the administration of the Town Clerk, all departments, offices and agencies of the Town, except as otherwise provided by this charter or by law.
- Ensure that all laws, provisions of this charter and acts of the council, subject to enforcement by the Mayor or by officers subject to the Mayor’s direction and supervision, are faithfully executed.
- Prepare and submit the annual budget, budget message, and capital program to the council in a form provided by ordinance.
- Submit to the council and make available to the public a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the Town as of the end of each fiscal year.
- Make such other reports as the council may require concerning the operations of Town departments, offices and agencies.
- Make recommendations to the Town council concerning the general operations of the Town.
- Keep the council fully advised as to the financial condition and future needs of the Town and make such recommendations to the council concerning the affairs of the Town as deemed desirable.
- Execute contracts on behalf of the Town pursuant to the provisions of appropriation ordinances or resolutions.
- Perform such other duties as are specified in this charter or may be required by the council.